Sunday 9 March 2008

Feeling Humbled...

Sunday in the afternoon, after walk through pelting and freezing rain, we reached the Hindu Temple, the Mandar in Neasden. We were received with the greatest courtesy. I met the Senior Swami and he showed me the different charitable projects which children of the community are involved in; and he had a blessing for my walk for the success of our community.

It was moving to see the embrace of all life, the concern for our planet, the concern for all humanity and the deep and real sense of peacefulness about the whole of the centre. They were also of course very concerned about Mitzpah the dog and made sure that during our visit he was kept somewhere where he would be safe and somebody could keep an eye on him. It was very humbling. Everything that I have visited so far has left me feeling humble and that I have learned a lot and that my commitment to other people on this planet is simply made deeper by the walk.

No comments: