Monday 10 March 2008

Noam at Deutsche Bank

I meet with the leadership of Noam at the offices of Deutsche Bank, thanks to the kindness of Bruce Rigal. (There is a slight problem at the entrance because the bank has no previous experience of canine customers - but it turns out that they have no policy about dogs).

We learn Torah together. Olly describes how he led a Seder mainly for non Jews – one guest is amazed at the constant discussion. In describing this, Olly coins the fantastic phase, ‘Judaism is a religion where everything is a discursive possibility’. I can think of no better definition.

I cannot express fully how much I appreciate not just the work, but the whole attitude of the young leadership of the movement. I would not dream of going on a walk like this without meeting with them.

No comments: