Monday 10 March 2008


Meeting At the Israeli Embassy

Mitzpah won’t give his paw when I say 'Shalom' to the Deputy Ambassador. He obviously doesn’t agree with government policy. I asked Talia what she hopes and expects from the Jewish community. She said “I know the community here is very supportive, but that’s taken for granted. It needs to be expressed in times of crisis so that the Foreign Office here knows there are Jews who care. You don’t have to agree with everything Israel does but you have to be supportive”. I agree.

I asked if she and the Ambassador appreciate invitations to synagogues. She said “Yes, but you must remember he is Ambassador to the Court of St James, not St John’s Wood. The aims of the Embassy are to further bilateral relations between Israel and Britain”.

No comments: